First, what do I mean by large scale art?By large scale I’m usually looking for at least 24” in dimension for square art and 30” x 40” for landscape or portrait art. These are pretty typical dimensions. Large size art is large enough to stand alone on a wall and fill the space adequately. I would use them over a bed’s headboard, above a sofa, above a console table, in a dining room, or above the fireplace mantle. There are many great places to use large scale art! Art this size, especially when framed or on stretched canvas and ready to hang can usually run into the hundreds of dollars. And that is for prints and reproductions. Originals can run at least that and higher. I’ll be the first to say I’m not an art collector. I can certainly appreciate art at a museum or gallery. But in the home I see art as decor, and I use it to decorate and style a space to give it personality and pull a room’s look together. Therefore, I’m perfectly happy buying prints over originals.
A surprising source for great and affordable large scale artOne of my favorite sources for large scale affordable art is World Market*. Usually, when it comes to World Market I think of a lot of international foods, kitchen ware and eclectic home decor. Surprisingly, they also have a great selection of large scale art at really affordable prices!
- They have a variety of art styles from abstract to coastal inspired to landscapes and florals.
- A majority of their pieces are large sizes.
- They also have several collections of multiple art pieces that can be arranged in a gallery to create the illusion of one large piece of art. Many are sold in sets making them even more affordable. You could hang them together or hang them apart in different parts of the same room for a cohesive effect.
- All of their pieces come ready to hang! They are either printed on stretched canvas or they come framed and ready to go. It is such a great value when you don’t have to get the art custom framed or purchase a separate frame.
- Many pieces are priced under $100!
Here are a selection of my favorites and some design ideasAll direct links are below art image. Love this one! And that’s why this is the 4th piece that I ordered for my home! I loved the whited-out beach with dots of color that makes it almost unreal. It’s going in my guest room where I have a white, gray, and aqua color palette that is light and airy.
Talk about island vibes. The latest decor trends call for lush greenery and tropical or bohemian feels. This art has 2 others in the same collection if you really want to go all out. It’d be great in a sunroom or covered outdoor living area. Keep other decor light and airy so the room won’t feel dated or too theme-y.
For a retro, nostalgic, Parisian touch this is a cute one. This would be cute in a kitchen or as part of a gallery wall.World Market art*. Have you purchased World Market art before? What is your favorite source for large scale art? Share below! *Starred are affiliate links. Thank you for your support.