Apparently, I really like gray sofas. I have two sofas in my home, and both are gray. In the family room I got this custom sectional made in a faux suede, tiny herringbone pattern, gray fabric. I always get asked about where I got this sofa. It’s from a local custom sofa shop, but I modeled it after the Lounge sofa from Crate and Barrel. See it in the roundup at the end of the post.
In the living room I have a gray leather sofa. Admittedly, I didn’t really love the way this sofa looked in this living room, but this sofa came with us from our last place when we moved. I had picked it out for our last place and liked the gray and the style for that place. It was too new to get rid of, and I didn’t have the budget for a new sofa at the time so it stayed. I just cover it up with pillows!
Gray also ends up being my go-to sofa color when I design for clients as well.
Here’s why I love gray sofas
- Gray is a very versatile color. It goes with almost anything.
- You can dress it up or down, go neutral or colorful.
(Image source: Design by Sally Wheat via Cote de Texas)
(Image source: Sarah M. Dorsey Designs)
- It can work in many different styles from traditional to modern and everything in between.
(Image source: via Luxe)
(Image source: via Modern Sofas)
(Image source: Design by Madeleine Grummet via The Design Files)
- It hides more stuff like stains and hair better than a white sofa or a darker sofa like navy, brown, or charcoal.
- Gray is just one of my favorite neutrals to decorate with, and with larger expensive pieces of furniture like sofas I like using a nice neutral that is versatile and timeless.
So if you’re looking for a new sofa and don’t know where to start, I say start with gray! Here’s a roundup of my favorite low to middle range gray sofas from retailers available to most.
Gray Sofas Roundup
For more gray sofa inspiration check out my Pinterest board here.
For more of my latest decor picks check out Get the Look! Beach Modern.
*Starred are affiliate links. Thank you for your support!